Foods That Contain (Almost) No Calories
There are foods that, according to experts, are not only healthy but also require more energy to digest than the calories they provide. These are foods that add virtually no calories to the body - and we're not just talking about vegetables here.
So when you start a diet, it makes sense to eat more of these foods because they help you lose weight.
A classic example of such a food is celery. It consists largely of water and fibre. But celery isn't the alone. Examples include foods such as strawberries, beetroot and apples too.
To be too good to be true?
But are there really negative caloric foods? Not all nutritionists share this opinion. When it comes to nutrition, as is so often the case in life, the following principle applies: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
The reality is that there are foods that are extremely low in calories, such as celery. These foods can actually create a negative energy balance in the body because more energy is required for digestion than they provide - but this amount is negligible. Also, you are doing your own body a disservice if you only eat celery or similar low-energy foods all day. After all, the body does need energy to function properly.
Still, these so-called negative energy foods can help you lose weight. After all, they are very low in calories (although not actually negative) and therefore a smart choice to support the weight loss process.
Foods that are extremely low in calories or zero-calorie
Here is a list of foods that contain very little or virtually no calories because they burn more energy during digestion than they provide. Let's take a closer look at a few:
- Apples: In addition to being low in calories, apples are also rich in fibre, which makes you feel full, curbs cravings and keeps appetite under control.
- Celery: Celery is also low in calories but high in fibre and adds a satisfying, crunchy texture to snacks and side dishes. Combine it with other vegetables for a refreshing salad or enjoy celery sticks with cream cheese or hummus for a simple snack.
- Cucumbers: Thanks to their very high water content, each serving of cucumber is very low in calories. Try adding them to a low-calorie snack by combining them with, for example, hummus, salad dressing or nut butter.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are tiny but packed with essential nutrients, which places them on the list of low-calorie, filling foods. When you add these delicious berries to your diet, you are adding more fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants that help fight damage caused by free radicals. For more variety, you can also use any other berry, such as raspberries or strawberries. These also contain few calories and at the same time many healthy ingredients.
- Grapefruit: With its sweet, slightly sour taste, grapefruit is nutritious and delicious. It's also rich in antioxidants like lycopene, beta-carotene, and vitamin C.
- Watermelons: Watermelons should be a staple food in summer. They are an excellent addition to a healthy weight loss diet because they are high in water and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin A and potassium.
In addition, there are the following foods, which also have a negative energy balance:
- Green beans
Enjoy these with a clear conscience. We wish you success in your weight loss goals!
- High silica content
- For versatile use
90 Capsules€ 22,89(€ 508,67 / kg)4.9 (38)
- With salmon oil
- For all cat breeds
10 ml€ 16,99(€ 1.699,00 / l)5.0 (3)
- The grapes are extracted in France
- Made without flavourings or dyes
180 capsules€ 19,99(€ 227,16 / kg)4.9 (7)
- Pure substance
- High quality
60 capsules€ 19,99(€ 555,28 / kg)5.0 (6)