Quick Recipes to Get You Started on the Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet advocates eating foods that are high in fat but have next to no carbohydrates. The diet aims to achieve the natural metabolic state of ketosis. Ketosis is the moment when our bodies start to use ketones (i.e. fat) instead of carbohydrates to gain energy.
When you're just starting a ketogenic diet it can feel overwhelming because it seems like so many foods have carbs in them. Don't despair though, there are still lots of things you can eat!
Before starting a ketogenic diet we do recommend consulting your doctor first. If you get the green light, here are a few delicious recipes to get your started down your ketogenic path!
Baked Avocado with Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones.
- Remove about two tablespoons of pulp from the center of the avocado. (Just enough so a beaten egg can fit).
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish, making sure that they are relatively stable.
- Beat one egg, then pour it into the hole in the avocado. Repeat with both avocados.
- Bake the avocados for 15-20 minutes. The cooking time depends on the size of the avocados.
- Garnish with the herbs and pepper and enjoy. The avocados also taste great with salsa!
Salmon with Crispy Cabbage and Kale
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ bunch of palm kale, cleaned without the stems, the leaves cut into thin slices
- ½ teaspoon lemon peel
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ head of savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 280 degrees.
- Place the palm kale and savoy cabbage in a baking pan with a tablespoon of oil and stir to distribute the oil, then salt and bake in the oven for six minutes.
- Place the salmon on another baking sheet, season it, and bake until well done (ca. 10 minutes).
- In the meantime, take the dill, lemon juice and zest, mustard and the remaining oil, stir everything together and season with salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salmon before serving.
Chicken with Lemon Thyme
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice from one lemon
- thyme, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Now take an ovenproof dish, drizzle it with olive oil and place the chicken breasts in it.
- Drizzle the chicken with another tablespoon of olive oil, pour the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with thyme leaves or sprigs.
- Put the pan in the oven for at least 30 minutes, until the chicken is well done.
- Take the chicken out, pour the juice from the baking pan over it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh thyme and enjoy!
- Mild taste
- Vegan, lactose- & gluten-free
- 100% organic cultivation from Italy
Vanilla€ 1,39(€ 1,39 / l)4.7 (3)
- Bromelain from pineapple
- Papain made from papaya
- With buffered vitamin C
100 capsules€ 40,99(€ 1.463,93 / kg)5.0 (1)
- Contains 2400 enzyme activity units (GDU) per gram.
- In acid-stable capsule shell (DRcaps®)
- Plant-based combination
30 capsules€ 20,99(€ 1.749,17 / kg)5.0 (6)
250 g€ 8,99(€ 35,96 / kg)4.5 (21)