Garmin Forerunner® 230
GPS Running Watch with smartphone features
- GPS Running Watch with smartphone features
- Measures distance, pace, time, heart rate¹ and VO2max¹
- Online Functions²: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect ™, live tracking, announcements, Smart Notifications and social media sharing
- Activity tracker³ saves steps per day, distance, calories burned and sleep data
- Downloading data fields, display styles, widgets and apps Connect IQ ™
Adapt to your needs
- Achieve your own goals by downloading training plans from Garmin Connect on your watch. You can even customize the data fields and download screen designs, widgets and apps for free on Connect IQ.
Run all routes
- An integrated accelerometer stores data about distance and pace when you workout on an indoor track or on a treadmill, no foot pod needed.
- After training, the activity tracker³ stores the distance, steps and calories burned that day. If you have been sitting for over an hour, it reminds you to move a little.
- The Forerunner 230 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites and determines the current position quickly and accurately - even in heavy rain or near tall buildings.
- The color display shows your heart rate range and the beats per minute¹ at a glance.
Easy to use
- Clear, easy to understand charts, graphs, maps, and more will help you record your activities, to track the progress in achieving your goals and upload wirelessly relevant data and share it directly with Garmin Connect.
- Compete in challenges against friends and family members and compare your results with the Live Track function in real time.
- The wireless connectivity features of the app are very useful. Get current weather conditions, forecasts and Smart Notifications directly to your compatible Garmin device.
1 When used with a heart rate monitor. Included with some models; sold separately on others.
2 When coupled with a compatible smartphone
3 Accuracy of activity
4 In connection with the Garmin Connect Mobile app
|Categories:||Sport / Massage / Sauna Accessories|
Dimensions, weight and performance
- Dimensions: 45 x 45 x 11.7 mm
- Display size: B x H 31.1mm (1 inch) diameter
- Display resolution: W x H 215 x 180 pixels
- Color display
- Weight: 41 g
- Battery: Lithium ion battery
- Battery life: Up to 5 weeks in watch mode up to 16 hours in training mode
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- GPS capability
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Smart Notifications (shows email, SMS and other alarms when connected to your compatible phone )
- Vibrating alert
- Music features
- Search phone
- VIRB® operation
- Watch functions: Including date and alarm
Cards and Memory
- Accepts data cards: no
- Lap history: 200 Hours of activity data
- V02max estimate
- Recreation Guides
- Running forecast
- Accelerometer (calculates the distance for indoor training without a stride sensor required)
- Cycling features
- Speed / cadence sensor: yes (optional)
- Running and cycling functions
- Heart rate monitor: yes (some versions)
- Foot pod: yes (optional)
- Auto Pause (stop watch is automatically stopped when you stop at a traffic light etc)
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (if you vary from a preset pace there is an alarm)
- Time or distance alert (when you reach a preset value, an alarm will sound)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calorie computation
- Training Effect (impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
- Display views individually adaptable
- Shock resistant
- Activity Features
- Automatic goals (get daily target step goals)
- Inactivity bar (appears on the device after a period of inactivity; walk around a few minutes to reset the display)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep time and hours of motion or quiet sleep)
Garmin Connect ™
- Garmin Connect ™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- Connect IQ ™ app support: Yes
- Forerunner 230 GPS watch
- Premium heart rate chest strap (soft strap)
- Data / charging clip
Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet. Keep away from children.
The recommended daily dosage should not be exceeded.
Forerunner 230 - GPS Running Watch with online features (German)