Garmin Montana® 650
Big, Tough Outdoor GPS with Camera!
Out of StockOur shop no longer sells this product.
Big, Tough Outdoor GPS with Camera
- 4" dual-orientation, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- 5 MP autofocus camera
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Supports BirdsEye satellite imagery, Garmin Custom Maps and photo navigation
- Uses rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack or AA batteries
Now there’s one handheld GPS for many different activities. Whether you're on foot, on the road or on water, the new Montana 650 from Garmin will guide you wherever you go. With a vast 4” sunlight-readable touchscreen that offers crystal clear enhanced colours, dual orientation display and high sensitivity HotFix® positioning to track your location, it’s easy to see where you are at all times. Both durable and waterproof, Montana 650 is built to withstand the elements.
Navigate with Ease
- The Montana has key features for the outdoors such as a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. It also has a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
- It's also preloaded with worldwide basemap with shaded relief.
Take Geotagged pictures
- Capture locations and memories with Montana 650’s 5-megapixel digital camera. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future. To keep track of your photos and show their location on a map, simply connect Montana 650 via USB and use Garmin’s free BaseCamp™ software to download the photo's to your PC. You can also use BaseCamp to upload them to your favourite photo sharing website.
- With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 600 is designed for use on boats, bikes, as a handheld, motorbike or quad or in your car. Use the auto mount with City Navigator NT® or Garmin GB Discoverer™ maps for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions. Wherever you think you might take Montana, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
- Mapping options include the City Navigator maps for use in the car, BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water, Garmin GB Discoverer™ which provides Ordnance Survey® mapping on your handheld and BirdsEye™ Select that lets you download customised sections of premium raster-based maps to your device and integrate them with your maps. Montana is also compatible with Custom Maps which transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
- With Montana 650 you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. So now your friends can also enjoy your favourite hike or cache – simply press “Send” to transfer your information to other units.
Keep in charge
- Montana 650 features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system. You’ll have the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries – whichever suits you best.
- Montana 650 supports geocaching GPX files to download geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. Montana 650 stores and displays key information, such as location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
What's in the box:
- Montana 650
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- USB cable
- AC charger
- Quickstart Guide
The recommended daily dosage should not be exceeded.
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD||2.9" x 5.7" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.42 x 3.64 cm)|
|Display size, WxH||2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH||272 x 480 pixels|
|Display type||bright, transflective 65k colour TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable|
|Weight||10.2 oz (289 g) with included lithium-ion battery pack; 11.7 oz (333 g) with 3 AA batteries (not included)|
|Battery||rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended|
|Battery life||up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)|
|Interface||high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
|Ability to add maps||Yes|
|Built-in memory||3 GB|
|Accepts data cards||microSD ™ card (not included)|
|Track log||10,000 Points, 200 saved tracks|
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)||Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)|
|Electronic compass||Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)|
|Camera||yes (5 megapixel with autofocus; automatic geo-tagging)|
|Custom maps compatible||Yes|
|Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)||Yes|
|Sun and moon information||Yes|
|Tide tables||Yes (with optional Bluechart)|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)||Yes|
|Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)||Yes|
|Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)||Yes|
|Additional||This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.|